Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Rosetta option for Logic Pro on new M1 MacBook Pro

I have this great and shiny new MacBook Pro and A bunch of Logic projects for a record I am trying to finish. And a bunch of my plug-ins are not having any of it. Crucially, this includes the Slate VSX system which I use for mixing and the Line 6 Helix Native plug-in that is used to re-amp literally every guitar and bass part on every song.

I installed Rosetta when first promoted to do so. However, there is no Open Using Rosetta checkbox in the Info window for the app.

I still have the 2012 Mac mini I was using for the past couple of years and could go back to using it but I would much rather use the new MacBook Pro. Anyone have any wisdom to offer on forcing Logic to open using Rosetta so I can get my plug-ins back?

(And let's keep in mind that those of us who bought new Macs don't have the option of even backing up to Big Sur to force compatibility. These new Macs *shipped* with Monterey and we all know that Apple took away the ability to install an OS older than the first one installed a very long time ago.)

Any help is super appreciated.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 12:36 AM

4 replies

Dec 6, 2021 6:06 PM in response to octopi

Solved. Yet another failure of the notification system in macOS. I only got a notification that i had a bunch of apps to be updated *after* I opened the App Store. And I only did that after a super helpful support guy from Slate Digital told me I was running an out of date version after i sent him a screenshot. If you are having this same issue, make sure Logic is updated. After doing that, the option to use Rosetta came back. And at this point *all* of my plug-ins are working. Not natively, but everything works using Rosetta.

No Rosetta option for Logic Pro on new M1 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.