The Rosetta installer crashed when installing on MacBook m2 for a game. The installer won't. run again. Is there anywhere to download it?

The Rosetta installer crashed when installing a game on MacBook Air m2. The installer won't. run again, and if I try to run the game I just get a popup with a gear and a button 'Done' and does nothing. Is there anywhere to download Rosetta? I had thought of buying another game that would require it, but the way this app is working I suspect that a flag somewhere is set to say Rosetta is already installed. Just got my MacBook Air 15" M2 today and my first Mac, so I'm a novice at the MacOs.

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 3:14 PM

dialabrain wrote:

Just thought I'd mention, you don't have to run the sudo command.

softwareupdate --install-rosetta works as well.

Using softwareupdate --install-rosetta in Terminal doesn't work it says , but using sudo /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta will work. Any thoughts guys can you see why this is happening.

Similar questions

8 replies

Jun 14, 2023 8:56 PM in response to Carmaro4

Carmaro4 wrote:

The Rosetta installer crashed when installing a game on MacBook Air m2. The installer won't. run again, and if I try to run the game I just get a popup with a gear and a button 'Done' and does nothing. Is there anywhere to download Rosetta? I had thought of buying another game that would require it, but the way this app is working I suspect that a flag somewhere is set to say Rosetta is already installed. Just got my MacBook Air 15" M2 today and my first Mac, so I'm a novice at the MacOs.

On any new Mac you have free call in support—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

reference, see what it has to say...

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac

If necessary—

install rosetta from terminal app copy & paste:

sudo /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta

The Rosetta installer crashed when installing on MacBook m2 for a game. The installer won't. run again. Is there anywhere to download it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.