Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The mac keep switching the keyboard language automatically against my wishes...

I am a Canadian located in Israel working 95% of my time in English, but because I am located in Israel I also have Hebrew language installed on my Mac.

The problem is, that Apple or Google, by my location probably, keep switching my input into Hebrew Texts and I always must restart my typing and select English as my input language.

I do not know if this is part of the AI or Intuition automation we are not able to control — but I definitely can not find the place where I can permanently be inputing text in English !

The "Catalina" computer is set-up for english and my service provider is in Canada, and only because I am located in Israel, my online IP network has ID Location in Israel.

Is there a way to set-up so to avoid this unwanted automation somehow put into the system?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 4:31 AM

In system preferences > keyboard > input sources, do you have all three boxes checked at the bottom? Try that and see if it helps.

Using Caps Lock to switch between English and Hebrew will at least make it pretty easy to switch if you need to.

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 20, 2021 5:11 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I had √ 1&3 so I also added √ on 2&4 in hope it will work.

I also did some other things in hope it solves the problem.

(By employing the CAP-LOCK option I do loose the freedom of fonts, which is secondary option solution to consider if I keep having this problem.)

I was assuming it is the AI and Intuition of so called "helping us" or "spying on us" that is causing the problem of out smartening our intentions and freedom of use.

The mac keep switching the keyboard language automatically against my wishes...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.