Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues downloading MacOS Monterey

Trying to download MacOS Monterey the status bar doesn't reach the end but it says that all the data is download. I've tried restarting my Mac and downloading it again but the same happens. It's been like this for over an hour and nothing changes. I'd appreciate some help, thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 6:48 AM

Shutdown by an means including the Power Button.

Restart in Safe Mode . This my or may not allow the installation to precede and install the upgrade.

Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac.

When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 6:48 AM in response to arptti

Shutdown by an means including the Power Button.

Restart in Safe Mode . This my or may not allow the installation to precede and install the upgrade.

Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac.

When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check.

Nov 20, 2021 7:18 AM in response to arptti

arptti wrote:

Trying to download MacOS Monterey the status bar doesn't reach the end but it says that all the data is download. I've tried restarting my Mac and downloading it again but the same happens. It's been like this for over an hour and nothing changes. I'd appreciate some help, thanks.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/6e14790f-37a6-4685-b9b1-d739410b37b9

If you have the full installer it will be in your Applications folder "Install macOS Montery.app"

whether it launches automatically or not. You can launch it like any other application.

Once it runs it is automatiaclly removed from Applications.

Issues downloading MacOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.