Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The serial number showing up on my phone for my Airpods Pro is different than the serial number on the box. Does that mean these are fake?

Are these fake if they have a serial number? Why don't the serial numbers match?

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 8:09 AM

Hi there,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but when you have your AirPods in and connected if you tap the serial number it will display different ones as each part has a different one, so the case, left and right AirPods will all have different number I believe the one one the box will match the case.

If you purchased from Apple or a reputable retailer then they should all be good. If none of them match I would maybe contact support for further advice.

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 8:09 AM in response to Genesis126

Hi there,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but when you have your AirPods in and connected if you tap the serial number it will display different ones as each part has a different one, so the case, left and right AirPods will all have different number I believe the one one the box will match the case.

If you purchased from Apple or a reputable retailer then they should all be good. If none of them match I would maybe contact support for further advice.

Hope this helps.

The serial number showing up on my phone for my Airpods Pro is different than the serial number on the box. Does that mean these are fake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.