Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook 2015 c type strange problem

Hello,

I have a problem with my Macbook Early 2015 model. It has BigSur OS installed on it, and I don't know is it because of that, non of the devices I connect to my c type (which is the only one on it) is recognized on Mac. If I connect my iphone 11, it only charges it, if I connect type c usb hub (Satechi model) it only charges Mac, but can't recognize any of usb devices connected on usb port on same hub.

All the cables I am using are original apple.

Does anyone has any ideas what could be wrong here?

Thanks

Best regards

MacBook, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 3:56 AM

How do your devices work if you leave the hub out and connect directly to the Mac?

Depending on the ports, you may need a simple pass through adapter; not all hubs/docks are compatible with the Mac.

Are you trying to connect through a "PD" port? That's a Power Delivery port and is designed to provide charging via the dock.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 3:56 AM in response to bojan90

How do your devices work if you leave the hub out and connect directly to the Mac?

Depending on the ports, you may need a simple pass through adapter; not all hubs/docks are compatible with the Mac.

Are you trying to connect through a "PD" port? That's a Power Delivery port and is designed to provide charging via the dock.

Nov 21, 2021 4:57 AM in response to ku4hx

Macbook 2015 only has one ctype port, where I am charging my macbook. It is the only port he has.

For example, if I connect my iphone 11 with original ctype/lightning cable to that one ctype port I have it only charges the phone.

And as for the hub, I am using Satechi model, which is recommended by official Apple partner here in Serbia (iStyle). It has one ctype port and 2 usb ports, and I can only use that one ctype port for charging my Mac. The USB ports are imposible to recognise by Mac. It has BigSur on it, like I said before

Nov 21, 2021 5:04 AM in response to bojan90

I understand having only one port; however, that is aside from the compatibility of your hub.

What you have to do is eliminate possible causes. If all your devices work attached directly to your Mac then the hub is the cause. If that's the case, you can buy compatible hubs that have a PD port for charging. Yours may not be compatible or have that port.

Being recommended by someone is them trying to get you to buy their product. Generally most will be as advertised, but that is not 100% universally true.

Nov 22, 2021 2:35 AM in response to ku4hx

I don't think it is becauase of hub because when I connect my iphone it only chrages me, it doesn't recognize my iphone. I have checked every possible settings that can help my Mac recognize my iPhone, and to solution.

I have feeling that somehow the port only sends signal, and not receiving. It only charges devices, and doesn't do anything else with them.

Same is with hub. Hub has a small blink that it is connected, and that is all. He can't to anything else.

Macbook 2015 c type strange problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.