Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup icloud

Hello! My iphone no longer received the password to unlock the phone and i had to restore it. I knew I had a recent backup but after the phone opened, i saw that everything dissapeared from it. The iphone said it hadn’t been backed up for 3 years which is not possible. I lost my 12.000 photos and all my apps. I just want my photos back. At least, half of them.. Have a great evening!

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 11:54 AM

If you use iCloud photos, your photos will download once you sign into iCloud on your device and enable iCloud photos (Settings > photos). If you did not use iCloud photos, your photos would be part of your backup in iCloud (provided you had enough space). 12,000 photos is probably around 100 GB in size so if you relied on the free 5GB, the device would never have backed up. You can see if you used iCloud photos at iCloud.com/photos.

Otherwise, you'll have to rely on your other backups of your most important information.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 11:54 AM in response to LauraPnz

If you use iCloud photos, your photos will download once you sign into iCloud on your device and enable iCloud photos (Settings > photos). If you did not use iCloud photos, your photos would be part of your backup in iCloud (provided you had enough space). 12,000 photos is probably around 100 GB in size so if you relied on the free 5GB, the device would never have backed up. You can see if you used iCloud photos at iCloud.com/photos.

Otherwise, you'll have to rely on your other backups of your most important information.

Backup icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.