Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

flickering display MacBook Pro 2017

Hello, I have this problem. My display is making something like micro flickering, but it only does when I am not doing anything. For example, when I am moving mouse, watching video or just something moving on the screen its working just fine. But when I look on display when its resting on some website or desktop I can see how its flickering just a little bit ? Does anyone have any solutions ? I thing its maybe problem of the new update.

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 1:03 PM

The latest update generally should not do that. Although you can adjust the frequency on Apple -> System Preferences -> Displays. You might be sensitive to the refresh rate used especially if ambient lighting does not jibe with the frequency of the display.

If you have a tendency to open the display too far, you can damage the inverter cable and that can cause display anomalies.

https://support.apple.com/service-programs

Might indicate your machine is under an exchange repair program. If you feel that your machine has not been through any neglect and see it is covered, contact the service program if it is applicable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 1:03 PM in response to miroslav122

The latest update generally should not do that. Although you can adjust the frequency on Apple -> System Preferences -> Displays. You might be sensitive to the refresh rate used especially if ambient lighting does not jibe with the frequency of the display.

If you have a tendency to open the display too far, you can damage the inverter cable and that can cause display anomalies.

https://support.apple.com/service-programs

Might indicate your machine is under an exchange repair program. If you feel that your machine has not been through any neglect and see it is covered, contact the service program if it is applicable.

flickering display MacBook Pro 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.