Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I recover deleted photos from iPhone 11 pro?

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 5:40 PM

iCloud Files / iCloud Drive is not related to Photos.

Photos can be kept entirely local to the device, or can involve iCloud Photos and stored in iCloud, or can be in backups to either iCloud or to a local Mac or Windows system.

In the Photos app on the iPhone, look for the Deleted Photos album. Are the photos there?

If you have the iCloud Photos service enabled, then the deleted photos will be in the deleted photos album for 30 days. Look in iCloud Photos on the iCloud.com website and see if the photos are in the deleted photos album there. After that 30 days, the photos will only exist if you archived copies of the photos from iCloud, or archived the photos manually or shared copies with other folks.

If you used iTunes on Windows to store your photos, look there: Sync photos in iTunes on PC with devices - Apple Support

If you do not have iCloud Photos enabled, and are not using iTunes for photo storage locally, and if you do have a backup from prior to the deletion, then restoring that should contain the photos. That restoration will revert the contents of the device to the contents of that backup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 5:40 PM in response to Hopeful6592

iCloud Files / iCloud Drive is not related to Photos.

Photos can be kept entirely local to the device, or can involve iCloud Photos and stored in iCloud, or can be in backups to either iCloud or to a local Mac or Windows system.

In the Photos app on the iPhone, look for the Deleted Photos album. Are the photos there?

If you have the iCloud Photos service enabled, then the deleted photos will be in the deleted photos album for 30 days. Look in iCloud Photos on the iCloud.com website and see if the photos are in the deleted photos album there. After that 30 days, the photos will only exist if you archived copies of the photos from iCloud, or archived the photos manually or shared copies with other folks.

If you used iTunes on Windows to store your photos, look there: Sync photos in iTunes on PC with devices - Apple Support

If you do not have iCloud Photos enabled, and are not using iTunes for photo storage locally, and if you do have a backup from prior to the deletion, then restoring that should contain the photos. That restoration will revert the contents of the device to the contents of that backup.

Nov 20, 2021 2:34 PM in response to MrHoffman

Thanks for your very quick response, and yes I tried that, but somehow, I just can't see to get them from the iCloud drive and can't find them on my windows PC backup file. I have been trying to find these photos all day today and haven't been able to. Is there some sort of program out there that would be able to help me? I am going brain dead and blind from trying to do this. I've never had to recover "deleted" photos before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.