Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone- iPhone 13 pro max

So I just got a new iPhone, and you know once you transfer everything from your old phone to your new phone the apps need to download. Well its been over 5 hours and my apps still haven’t fully downloaded yet. I’m just trying to figure why this is taking so long.

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 12:21 PM

Hi King_56,

It seems you need to finish setting up your iPhone and we can help.

Do you know approximately how much storage your apps used to take on your old iPhone?

If your iPhone is downloading several GB of app data it could take several hours. If it appears that apps are no longer download, you can try restarting your iPhone to get the process going again:

Restart your iPhone

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 12:21 PM in response to King_56

Hi King_56,

It seems you need to finish setting up your iPhone and we can help.

Do you know approximately how much storage your apps used to take on your old iPhone?

If your iPhone is downloading several GB of app data it could take several hours. If it appears that apps are no longer download, you can try restarting your iPhone to get the process going again:

Restart your iPhone

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Nov 23, 2021 8:20 PM in response to bailier

I’m having the same issue with my brand new iPhone 13 Pro Max. It’s been ~6 hours and none of my non-Apple applications have downloaded. I’ve tested my internet multiple times and it’s been consistently strong. I’ve tried restarting my phone twice and that didn’t change anything.

Is there a way to speed up this process so that users can actually use their phones? What is the estimated time of completion for this process?

New phone- iPhone 13 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.