You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your password is required to enable iCloud Photo Library

I'm trying to optimize my Mac to upgrade my OS (from Big Sur to Monterey) by doing the following:

About this Mac > Storage > Manage > Store in iCloud.

When I click "Store in iCloud" I get the error "Your password is required to enable iCloud Photo Library". Below it says "Open Apple ID in System Preferences to turn on iCloud Photo Library. When I follow these directions and go to Apple ID, there is no option for iCloud Photo Library. According to other threads I've read, there should be an option to the right of Photos where I can click Options; however, there is nothing there. See images below.

Please help, I'd like to download the upgrade and can't think of any other ways to get enough storage space for the download. And before you ask, yes I have tried restarting my laptop.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 6:06 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 20, 2021 10:40 PM in response to zoe0000

In Mac system preferences , click two or three times the empty box of photos , enter the admin password it will show setting up .

See the articles Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Note : the keychain box , safari , mails , contacts .....are unchecked why ? see the articles Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

If iCloud Keychain won't turn on or sync - Apple Support

Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

Your password is required to enable iCloud Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.