Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to let Mac trust my software? It takes my VPN as malware.

Without the VPN, I can't use Google and YouTube. Is it possible to change the security setting in terms of this situation? I need the VPN very much, but my Mac cannot cooperate.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 7:52 PM

Hey There 🙋🏽‍♂️

Doing that isn’t supported nor recommended by Apple.

If you really must proceed with that please be aware of the consequences that a malware can cause to your Mac/OS.

One you get the pop up that this Software is not trusted, you can head to your Settings -> Security & Privacy

And down below it says

Allow apps downloaded from:

• App Store and identified developers

There you’ll have the warning that the Software is not trusted, and you have the option to open it anyway.

Hope this could solve your issue.

Best,

Aryan

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 7:52 PM in response to susan771

Hey There 🙋🏽‍♂️

Doing that isn’t supported nor recommended by Apple.

If you really must proceed with that please be aware of the consequences that a malware can cause to your Mac/OS.

One you get the pop up that this Software is not trusted, you can head to your Settings -> Security & Privacy

And down below it says

Allow apps downloaded from:

• App Store and identified developers

There you’ll have the warning that the Software is not trusted, and you have the option to open it anyway.

Hope this could solve your issue.

Best,

Aryan

Nov 20, 2021 7:53 PM in response to susan771

susan771 Said:

"How to let Mac trust my software? It takes my VPN as malware.: Without the VPN, I can't use Google and YouTube. Is it possible to change the security setting in terms of this situation? I need the VPN very much, but my Mac cannot cooperate."

-------

Google and YouTube:

Why can you not use Google and YouTube without a VPN? Is this a work computer? If so, speak to the technical department of your employer.

Nov 20, 2021 8:32 PM in response to Aryandb

Aryandb Said:

"Hey there thelittles 🙋🏽‍♂️: Im not sure about her location, but in several countries some access to Google searches, and full access to Youtube is restricted and users can only access those services by using a VPN. Best Regards, Aryan"

-------

Taken by chance, guess I should have thought about the Time Zone.

How to let Mac trust my software? It takes my VPN as malware.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.