Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to block spam text on iPhone xs

How can i block a spam text on my iPhone XS? I followed the instructions on this site but don't see a "Block Text" option.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 8:00 PM

If this is an actual text (SMS) message (green bubble), then you need to contact your carrier and report the spam. They would be the one to block that kind of Spam. If it is an iMessage, you would block them using the Block feature in the iPhone.

4 replies

Nov 20, 2021 8:42 PM in response to want2retire

want2retire Said:

"how to block spam text on iPhone xs. How can i block a spam text on my iPhone XS? I followed the instructions on this site but don't see a "Block Text" option."

-------

Blocking Out Spammers:

Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security. The free version blocks popups. The paid version blocks out known spam numbers. So, consider using it. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

Nov 20, 2021 8:41 PM in response to want2retire

Thanks! I just succeeded. Problem is that when I clicked on the"i" under the sender, there appeared to be 20 senders, each with a different number. So then I could click on the bubble next to each number, which brought up several options including Block this Caller. I did that for each one & hopefully this will help. I get very few spam messages & I just hope the floodgates haven't opened. Don't really want to limit texts just to my Contacts, but it's good to know that's an option.

how to block spam text on iPhone xs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.