Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocked number

Why is a number I blocked and it is in my blocked list, still showing up in my recent calls. I blocked it two days ago and today I get another call from the same number!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 3:23 PM

lindafromwenatchee Said:

"Blocked number: I bought the paid version and put calls on warn. But this morning there is an unknown number in my recent calls. No warning, nothing. What am I doing wrong?

———-

Share this Contact with Malwarebytes:

1. Go To: the Call Menu
  2. Tap: Recents
  3. Tap:: the encircled “i” on the far-right of the number
  4. Tap:: Share Contact
  5. Tap: Report as fraudulent (bottom of screen)
  6. Tap: Submit (top-right corner of screen)
  7. Screenshot of what you get:

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 3:23 PM in response to lindafromwenatchee

lindafromwenatchee Said:

"Blocked number: I bought the paid version and put calls on warn. But this morning there is an unknown number in my recent calls. No warning, nothing. What am I doing wrong?

———-

Share this Contact with Malwarebytes:

1. Go To: the Call Menu
  2. Tap: Recents
  3. Tap:: the encircled “i” on the far-right of the number
  4. Tap:: Share Contact
  5. Tap: Report as fraudulent (bottom of screen)
  6. Tap: Submit (top-right corner of screen)
  7. Screenshot of what you get:

Mar 26, 2021 3:56 PM in response to lindafromwenatchee

lindafromwenatchee Said:

"Blocked number: None of the others I block show up again."

-------

Avoiding This:

Is this number assigned to another contact? If so, it might be coming through due to that.

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Being suspicious of a bug or a glitch in the iOS, most certainly report this bug to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and what needs to be fixed.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you've troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Mar 26, 2021 4:37 PM in response to lindafromwenatchee

lindafromwenatchee Said:

"Blocked number: I have no idea who this person is! They never leave a voice Mail! That number is definitely not in my contacts!"

-------

Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

If you were to use Malwarebytes Mobile Security then that may do the job, somewhat. It blocks out suspected scams, based on the sender's phone number. The paid version lets you report a number - once reported, it blocks it out, not even allowing it to go through. Malwarebytes is created by longtime users of these forums, making it the only reliable Security Software for Apple devices. Go Here: Malwarebytes Mobile Security - App Store

Mar 31, 2021 12:00 PM in response to lindafromwenatchee

lindafromwenatchee Said:

"Blocked number: I really doubt that will do any good. I know people here that get spam calls to this area code. (Different than mine.) I think they buy numbers from the phone companies."

-------

Reporting these:

See my User Tip: You can report these directly to Apple and to the government (if in the U.S.A.)

Go Here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tip

Mar 31, 2021 9:01 AM in response to lindafromwenatchee

lindafromwenatchee Said:

"I’m still getting those spam calls from the same area as my area code. They are not in my contact list. I was hoping this would block them without my having to report them all. They just keep changing numbers."

-------

Phone Number Change:

As a last resort, perform a phone number change. Did you ever think about changing your phone number to a different number? If you were to do so, update whomever needs to know (Dr. Offices, Friends, Family, Work, School, etc.). That's the best I can think of.

Blocked number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.