Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What went wrong, when I have a green check at my Wi-Fi, but in the right corner it says LTE?

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 12:42 AM

It appears that you are connected to your Wi-Fi Network, however, your Wi-Fi Network is unable to connect to the internet. This is the reason your iPhone remains on cellular LTE so it can remain connected to the internet. I recommend that you shut down and restart your Wi-Fi Router and then after a few minutes, try connecting again.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 12:42 AM in response to Gerdes-SSV

It appears that you are connected to your Wi-Fi Network, however, your Wi-Fi Network is unable to connect to the internet. This is the reason your iPhone remains on cellular LTE so it can remain connected to the internet. I recommend that you shut down and restart your Wi-Fi Router and then after a few minutes, try connecting again.

Axel F.

Dec 14, 2021 4:01 AM in response to Axel Foley

I think I can reproduce this!

I have a tomtom navigation system, which uses my iPhone to connect to the internet (Bluetooth tethering?)

When I'm coming home and enter the Wi-Fi Network, the phone connects to the Wi-Fi, but also uses the telephone internet for the navigation system and I got the situation.

When I'm coming home by bike, where the navigation system is not used (as it is build in the car) I have no problems and full Wi-Fi connection.

What went wrong, when I have a green check at my Wi-Fi, but in the right corner it says LTE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.