Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages (both of MMS's and SMS's) to certain of my addressees of CAN NOT BE DELIVERED using my iMac. The same message is delivered using my iPhone XS...HELP

iMac Pro

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 6:36 AM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, hagakyrkogata.

We see that you're having some trouble with messages not sending when using your iMac. We'd recommend starting by checking out Set up iPhone to get SMS messages on Mac to make sure that everything is set up correctly. We've also got some questions to better understand what's going on.

Are you able to send SMS and MMS messages to other contacts (that are not using iMessage)?

Which macOS version are you using on your iMac?

Are you able to receive SMS and MMS messages from those contacts?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 6:36 AM in response to hagakyrkogata

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, hagakyrkogata.

We see that you're having some trouble with messages not sending when using your iMac. We'd recommend starting by checking out Set up iPhone to get SMS messages on Mac to make sure that everything is set up correctly. We've also got some questions to better understand what's going on.

Are you able to send SMS and MMS messages to other contacts (that are not using iMessage)?

Which macOS version are you using on your iMac?

Are you able to receive SMS and MMS messages from those contacts?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Nov 25, 2021 7:18 AM in response to hagakyrkogata

hagakyrkogata,

Thanks for that info. It sounds like the device thinks she is using iMessage. It could be due to a previous device of hers, or her contact info.

If you check out her contact information, is only a phone number listed? If not, it may be trying to send to an email. If there is only a phone number, your contact may need to follow Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online.

Let us know if that helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.