Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto-Quitting activities and Streaming

This is my first apple watch. I have been looking forward to finally owning one myself. I wanted it for accurate activity tracking (coming from Fitbit which was a disaster) and leaving the phone at home while running.

With those focal points, the product has been nothing but an unmitigated disaster for me.

Firstly: The Training App randomly quits (not just pauses!) my workouts. This happened multiple times already, but today I went on a personal record distance run. At some time during the run, while running, the app decided to STOP and QUIT my training and START a new INDOOR SPINNING training.

• This happens without any interaction with the watch whatsoever.
  • While running, the watch is on a tight fit.
  • I'm wearing a flimsy rain jacket which could, in theory, rotate (but never push) the digital crown.

If you are working out, I don't need to tell how utterly demoralizing and saddening it is to have your stats messed up like that.

What I need to know:

• Can the watch be configured in a way that only the user starts and quits workouts?
  • Is there maybe a different app that is reliable?

Secondly (This is more of a rant instead of an actual question. I'm sorry. ): Streaming of media via mobile data is straight up busted. I don't know why I purchased the cellular version and an expensive contract update.

This is something that was easy to research on this community, as several people report the problem. I already went through the troubleshooting steps mentioned in various other threads. For most people, it magically starts working again "after three days" or so.

Even though the apps (Spotify, Podcast, Audible) are allowed to stream via cellular data, they just don't connect to anything while I'm disconnected from my phone. The only thing I can listen to are podcasts, that in the "new" section - those apparently get pre-loaded or something.

Transferring content over to the watch takes breathtakingly long. If there's a particular album, podcast or book I want to listen to, I need to start the process hours in advance.

Maybe you can tell me this:

• Does transfer of content to the watch go faster if I connect it to my PC?

I can sort of live with the later problem, even though it was and continues to be a huge waste of money. I'm mostly hoping for some insights on the functionally broken activity tracking. Thanks in advance.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 8:39 AM

Go to the watch app on the phone and tap on workout,turn off running autopause and end workout reminder.

Or on the watch in settings/workout and turn them off there.

Or;

When you start your workout slide right on the screen and tap on lock,then when you finish the workout turn the digital crown in one continuous movement to turn the lock off then slide right again and tap on end.

Tighten the watch band a touch.

Don't wear the watch on top of any tattoos.

Is your sleeve catching on the side buttons or on the screen itself?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 8:39 AM in response to BearSeamen

Go to the watch app on the phone and tap on workout,turn off running autopause and end workout reminder.

Or on the watch in settings/workout and turn them off there.

Or;

When you start your workout slide right on the screen and tap on lock,then when you finish the workout turn the digital crown in one continuous movement to turn the lock off then slide right again and tap on end.

Tighten the watch band a touch.

Don't wear the watch on top of any tattoos.

Is your sleeve catching on the side buttons or on the screen itself?

Auto-Quitting activities and Streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.