Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPad won't Start Up. When I try to restore my IPad with my Laptop I get a your IPad could not be restored. Error occurred 4005

When I start up my 9 and 5/8" iPad it says to plug into iTunes? Should I take it to a Apple store? or is there a easy fix?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 11:30 AM

Start here:--> If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support using this link:--> Get Support, or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 11:30 AM in response to jamehrn

Start here:--> If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support using this link:--> Get Support, or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

My IPad won't Start Up. When I try to restore my IPad with my Laptop I get a your IPad could not be restored. Error occurred 4005

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.