Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Officejet Pro 8710 does not print after upgrading to MacOS Monterey

I've tried to reinstall the printer driver (it appears to be now an app named HP Smart) but even though after the installation it keeps repeating the following messages:

"One or more components of the printing software are corrupted or missing. The print job cannot be completed. To fix this situation, HP recommends reinstalling the print driver software."

"Stopped - 'Filter' failed"

I've tried to disconnect the printer from the wi-fi network and to connect it via USB to the computer;

I've installed the new firmware at the HP site;

I've also tried to restart the computer after installing the softwares.

Please help me. I've got no time to loose and the document I need to print is very urgent.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 8:50 AM

This is an AirPrint printer:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311

"Filter failed" likely means that an HP filter is crashing. If you're using an M1, this could be a Rosetta issue.

Are you able to delete and re-add the printer using AirPrint?

Similar questions

7 replies

Nov 22, 2021 5:34 PM in response to John Blanchard1

Hello John!

I've tried to re-add the printer using Airprint (iMac) but for some reason it didn't work very well. There were some random letters missing in the middle of the printed text. Due to my lack of time, I just tried to print the document from my iPhone using Airprint and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much for your tip, it helped me a lot! I didn't know that my iPhone could connect with my printer so easily.

HP Officejet Pro 8710 does not print after upgrading to MacOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.