Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my iphone from saying and 2 others on caller ID

I searched and found an old thread with a response of:

"That has to do with how you have numbers saved in your contacts. If you have the same number listed for more than one person and one of them calls, it will display that. The only way around it is to remove the duplicate numbers, or have the shared number saved a different way. In other words, if you have the same number saved for several people at a workplace, then save a contact with the workplace name, and not associate it with a person, just save the person's home or cell number on their contact card."

This is not the case here. I have the number saved once. Only one contact. It is not listed in any other contacts. It still says "...and 8 others." My mother also has this issue consistently with me and my siblings' numbers showing up as so-and-so "and 3 others" or differing numbers. What is the issue here?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 3:16 PM

Is Apple ID sharing occurring? If so, this should be stopped immediately. Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own, unique Apple ID.

Further, all devices using new Apple IDs must be thoroughly cleansed before “moving in” with the new ID as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 3:16 PM in response to Barrbarian

Is Apple ID sharing occurring? If so, this should be stopped immediately. Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own, unique Apple ID.

Further, all devices using new Apple IDs must be thoroughly cleansed before “moving in” with the new ID as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 21, 2021 5:35 PM in response to Barrbarian

Barrbarian wrote:

They all only have one email address there.

The question is:

Does each and every person have a unique (different from everyone else) address there?

• No. That is the problem! Carefully review the entire thread above.
  • Yes. In that case, I don’t understand “my emails are listed as accounts in my contacts settings.” What does “my emails” mean?

How do I stop my iphone from saying and 2 others on caller ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.