Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications silenced when locked

My Apple Watch and iPhone 11 does not make any pings or show up on my phone when I get a message or notification. I have checked that my phone is not on silence or sleep mode and my notifications are set to always when screen in locked. This has only just started happening. Please suggest what I can do to troubleshoot.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 3:22 PM

Are you getting notifications on your watch? If you are, when your iPhone screen is locked, you're not supposed to get notifications on both devices at the same time as long as you are wearing your watch.

Maybe this link will help you understand about notifications --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 3:22 PM in response to tamryn82

Are you getting notifications on your watch? If you are, when your iPhone screen is locked, you're not supposed to get notifications on both devices at the same time as long as you are wearing your watch.

Maybe this link will help you understand about notifications --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Notifications silenced when locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.