Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to my wifi. Instead the screen goes to captive.apple.com and tells me it is paused.

I cannot connect to my wifi. The screen automatically goes to captive.apple.com and say that it is paused.

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 5:52 PM

If you are seeing that captive screen, are you attempting to connect to your home wi-fi, or is this some type of public wi-fi, such as a hotel, etc.? If this is a public wi-fi, see this for how to connect to a captive wi-fi network. Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

Nov 21, 2021 6:00 PM in response to Camelia42

You tried to connect to a public network in the past that required login. Your phone determines that you did this by attempting to log in to captive.apple.com. If that fails it prompts for the login. If anywhere in that process fails that leaves a page in Safari hanging at captive.apple.com. You need to close that page in Safari. The easiest way to do that is to go to Settings/Safari and tapping Clear History & Website Data. If you don’t want to do that you can open Safari, tap on the overlapped boxes at the lower right, and close the captive.apple.com page.

Cannot connect to my wifi. Instead the screen goes to captive.apple.com and tells me it is paused.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.