Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers Keynote

I added a numbers table into a keynote presentation. I want the spreadsheet to function as a spreadsheet for the purpose of demonstration, however when I attempt to click in a cell to edit a value the presentation advances to the next slide, anyway to prevent this? Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 2:13 AM

when I attempt to click in a cell to edit a value the presentation advances to the next slide, anyway to prevent this?

No

Keynote is a slide show application, you are using Keynote in Play mode.

Clicking the left mouse button in play mode, always advances to the next slide, clicking the right mouse button goes to the previous slide.

Instead, just bring up the the spreadsheet in Numbers and show it being used correctly.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 2:13 AM in response to ineedhelpyesterday

when I attempt to click in a cell to edit a value the presentation advances to the next slide, anyway to prevent this?

No

Keynote is a slide show application, you are using Keynote in Play mode.

Clicking the left mouse button in play mode, always advances to the next slide, clicking the right mouse button goes to the previous slide.

Instead, just bring up the the spreadsheet in Numbers and show it being used correctly.

Numbers Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.