Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

very buggy Notes app on ios 15

Let me preface that i am using the apple Notes app on ipad pro 3rd gen, ios 15.0.2, very extensively for note taking for Uni and for work. it is very powerful but also became very buggy after the newest update. for context, here are a few ways that i use my notes app.

within a single note, i usually add in the specific topic's PDF notes. i also draw out all the notes during a lecture. on top of that i do screenshot question and add them inside the notes itself. this would understandably make that specific note very heavy, but nothing that i'd imagine to be too much to handle.

previously there was only 1 way to insert images and the app wouldnt allow you to write over the image as a separate layer.

now you can add the image and move it around the note app itself. so in a sense it it not bounded by text or drawings.

an example of why this is a problem

what happens if i can be 10 scrolls down, but when i add an image, it appears all the way at the top. i need to scroll all the way up, and slowly drag the image down, OR i scroll all the way up, copy, and scroll down to paste.

previously on ios 14 whenever you had to insert image, it automatically goes all the way down, staying clear of anything you typed or hand-written. it was very clear and not as flexible as now but i appreciated the constraints i was working with.

the next issue is this.

when i multi-task on 2 windows, both running Notes app, the apple pencil menu sometimes get mixed up on which window im in.

the lasso also has issues. for example, when i split the page into half with 2 notes running side by side, the lasso thinks i am running the notes app on full screen. so when i try to use the lasso on the left side of the page, it is actually circling something else on the right side of the page.

this is really confusing and i dont know how else to explain this.

what makes it worse is that everyone else i know use third party notes app so we face different issues. appreciate if someone could help. thank you!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 7:18 AM

Hello Waynynyny,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're experiencing some issues with the Notes app when using the Apple Pencil, lasso tool, and adding images. We'd like to assist.

When you Add attachments to notes on iPad, the attachment should insert where the cursor is located. If this isn't happening, test with a different attachment.

If you attempt to use a different tool other than the lasso, does the same thing happen? If so, make sure your iPadOS is updated to the latest version. Make sure to back up first:

If you're continuing to experience the same thing, please reach out to Apple directly: Get Support

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 7:18 AM in response to Waynynyny

Hello Waynynyny,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're experiencing some issues with the Notes app when using the Apple Pencil, lasso tool, and adding images. We'd like to assist.

When you Add attachments to notes on iPad, the attachment should insert where the cursor is located. If this isn't happening, test with a different attachment.

If you attempt to use a different tool other than the lasso, does the same thing happen? If so, make sure your iPadOS is updated to the latest version. Make sure to back up first:

If you're continuing to experience the same thing, please reach out to Apple directly: Get Support

Take care.

very buggy Notes app on ios 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.