Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pro 12.9 2020, Lasso-style selection tool problem in default iPad notes app

For instance, when you open two apps, open some reader apps on the left and notes app on the right, writing, drawing, and erasing are working on the notes app perfectly. However, if I choose to Lasso-style selection tool to select some writing to move, it is not working.

If I open only the notes app, then all the tools are working fine.

You can see how it is working using the link as follows:

https://youtu.be/5cNrsMTNkE4https://youtu.be/5cNrsMTNkE4

Does anyone have the same problem as mine or know how to fix this problem?

I have another iPad pro 11(2018). With this iPad, it is working fine.

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 9:57 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Feb 23, 2021 6:37 AM in response to Sup124

Hello Sup124,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're experiencing an unexpected issue while using Apple Pencil with Split View on iPad. We have a few questions and suggestions to see how we can help.

Is this only happening when you're using the Notes app in Split View with another particular app? Or, do you experience this issue with other apps while using Split View? Open two items in Split View on iPad. Test out a few different apps to confirm. Keep in mind, not all apps support Split View.

Since the issue seems software related based on your shared video, we'd like to know if you're using the most up to date iPadOS. If you have an available update under Settings > General > Software Update, we would recommend backing up your data and then updating to test for resolution: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best regards.

Feb 25, 2021 6:59 PM in response to Keisha_Keisha

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, no neither of my ipads is working if I use it upside down and Split View.

This picture shows the situation where I use the Notes Appe in Split view( upside down and without a case). I split the screen as 1:2 ratio and try to use the Lasso selection tool on the right edge of the screen but selection area shows up in the middle. If I split the view in half, it doesn't not work at all.

Feb 23, 2021 6:39 PM in response to Keisha_Keisha

Thank you for your reply

I have tried with two Notes app and one Notes app with another app such as other note apps, message, album in Split View. But, it does not work if I use the Notes app in Split View.

My device version is 14.4. and my other iPad also 14.4. But my other device does not have the same problem when I use the Notes app in Split View.

Feb 24, 2021 7:02 PM in response to barberlives123

Hi, somehow I found the reason(?)

It looks like if I put my iPad upside down to have a better angle for writing based on the case that I have, it does not work(only work without a Split view mode).

If I put it straight (for viewing mode), it is working in Split View as well.

Again other tools are working fine no matter which angle I use.

Would you be able to find a solution for this?

iPad pro 12.9 2020, Lasso-style selection tool problem in default iPad notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.