Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app

All I want is the weather app that is free with my Apple devices. I have on my iPhone, but it continually disappears from my iPad. Thank you. NJ Pearson

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 6:14 AM

The iPhone Weather App is not available for iPad.

However, your iPad does have a native Weather Widget, accessible from the Today view of your first Home Screen, which links to the Weather.com website.

If you are looking a weather there are many to choose from in the Apple App Store - some of which may be specific to your geographic region.

The iPadOS Weather Widget can be removed from the Home Screen and/or the side-out Widget view, but it cannot be uninstalled/deleted from the iPad; it is an integral element of iPadOS.

If you have removed the Weather Widget, it can be simply reinstated by re-adding the Widget to the required view.

Add widgets on iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 6:14 AM in response to Josiep18

The iPhone Weather App is not available for iPad.

However, your iPad does have a native Weather Widget, accessible from the Today view of your first Home Screen, which links to the Weather.com website.

If you are looking a weather there are many to choose from in the Apple App Store - some of which may be specific to your geographic region.

The iPadOS Weather Widget can be removed from the Home Screen and/or the side-out Widget view, but it cannot be uninstalled/deleted from the iPad; it is an integral element of iPadOS.

If you have removed the Weather Widget, it can be simply reinstated by re-adding the Widget to the required view.

Add widgets on iPad - Apple Support

Nov 22, 2021 6:12 AM in response to Josiep18

Hello,

The iPad does not have its own Weather App. You are probably thinking about the Weather Widget that is on the iPad. The weather widget is on a smart rotation, meaning it is switching out with other apps on the widget. Clicking on the weather widget will bring you to the Weather Channels website.

To turn off smart rotation, press and hold on the Widget > Click Edit Stack > Turn off Smart Rotation

Hope this helps!

Weather app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.