You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant Screentime

Yesterday my screen time report indicated I was on my phone the entire day. When I looked, it was “webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com” which was a preview I viewed (by holding down the link in an email). The email was from a company I bought something from, and the link was to track the package. I put a 1-minute limit on that “app,” closed all apps and restarted my phone. But this morning I woke up to an alert indicating I reached my 1-minute limit (presumably at midnight) for that “app.” I’m concerned I have a virus and want to be sure my personal information has not been compromised.

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 7:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 8:17 AM

Hello krhockey26, 

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help with Screen Time on your iPhone. It sounds as though you may have Background App Refresh and Location Services enabled, and continuing to use your location in the background for that application in question. While adjusting Screen Time limits is a great step, that doesn’t prevent the app from being used prior to the designated limit. More information about Screen Time can be found in the following article. 

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the app in question is a web browser, and the website is still open as a tab. You may find closing the tab to be helpful, along with adjusting the Background App Refresh settings. Those details can be found in the following articles. 

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone

Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

In reference to Location Services, you can adjust those settings so that this feature is only used when the application is open or in use. Those details can be found in the article below.

Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2021 8:17 AM in response to krhockey26

Hello krhockey26, 

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help with Screen Time on your iPhone. It sounds as though you may have Background App Refresh and Location Services enabled, and continuing to use your location in the background for that application in question. While adjusting Screen Time limits is a great step, that doesn’t prevent the app from being used prior to the designated limit. More information about Screen Time can be found in the following article. 

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the app in question is a web browser, and the website is still open as a tab. You may find closing the tab to be helpful, along with adjusting the Background App Refresh settings. Those details can be found in the following articles. 

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone

Switch apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

In reference to Location Services, you can adjust those settings so that this feature is only used when the application is open or in use. Those details can be found in the article below.

Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care!

Constant Screentime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.