Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stop Icloud from downloading to my macbook pro

I've followed the previous instructions about turning off Icloud in my apple ID and yet I still have files trying to download. How do I stop this, the "x"is meaningless and does nothing to stop the download. I've also restarted my computer several times. I'm running Monterey, if that makes a difference. How do I get Icloud to act like google drive, or box, or dropbox and allow me to see the files but they aren't on my computer?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 7:11 AM

Files not downloading on my Mac from iCloud

See the articles Download items from the web using Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If you can’t download an item from the web using Safari on Mac - Apple Support

As per this article Show or hide filename extensions on Mac - Apple Support

When you rename a file or folder, don’t change its filename extension, or you may no longer be able to open the file with the app that was used to create it. To be warned before you change an extension, select “Show warning before changing an extension” in the Advanced pane of Finder preferences.

If you want to change a file’s format, use the app you used to create the file. For example, TextEdit can convert a document from plain text format (.txt) to a rich text format (.rtf), and Preview can convert many types of graphics files.

Make sure you had turned on iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box see the articles Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support

iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support

See the section - What types of files can I store in iCloud Drive?

Check your network speed , also sufficient iCloud storage space is necessary to download the files Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Read Change General preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 7:11 AM in response to rwright

Files not downloading on my Mac from iCloud

See the articles Download items from the web using Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If you can’t download an item from the web using Safari on Mac - Apple Support

As per this article Show or hide filename extensions on Mac - Apple Support

When you rename a file or folder, don’t change its filename extension, or you may no longer be able to open the file with the app that was used to create it. To be warned before you change an extension, select “Show warning before changing an extension” in the Advanced pane of Finder preferences.

If you want to change a file’s format, use the app you used to create the file. For example, TextEdit can convert a document from plain text format (.txt) to a rich text format (.rtf), and Preview can convert many types of graphics files.

Make sure you had turned on iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box see the articles Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support

iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support

See the section - What types of files can I store in iCloud Drive?

Check your network speed , also sufficient iCloud storage space is necessary to download the files Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Read Change General preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

how to stop Icloud from downloading to my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.