Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Row of Recently Used Contacts for Text

From Photos > Select a Photo > Share > I can see this screen with a row of recently texted contacts on my wife's phone, not on mine. We both have iPhone 13s, latest iOS update.

How is this turned on and off?

Thanks,

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 9:15 AM

Hey Tom,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities!

That's called the Share Sheet in iOS. Typically, on-device processing helps identify which contacts and apps are displayed based on how you use your device and apps. If it's not showing anything at all, let's see if we can determine what's affecting it.

On your device, navigate to Settings > Siri & Search. Under Suggestions from Apple, do you have 'Show When Sharing' turned on? Then, on that same page if you scroll down a bit you'll see a list of your apps. Open the applications individually (that you wish to be able to show up) and make sure 'Suggest App' is turned on too.

Let us know if that has an impact on what you're seeing. If you did need to turn those settings on, be sure to use your device a few days to allow the on-device learning to kick in.

Best regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 9:15 AM in response to Tom Oviedo

Hey Tom,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities!

That's called the Share Sheet in iOS. Typically, on-device processing helps identify which contacts and apps are displayed based on how you use your device and apps. If it's not showing anything at all, let's see if we can determine what's affecting it.

On your device, navigate to Settings > Siri & Search. Under Suggestions from Apple, do you have 'Show When Sharing' turned on? Then, on that same page if you scroll down a bit you'll see a list of your apps. Open the applications individually (that you wish to be able to show up) and make sure 'Suggest App' is turned on too.

Let us know if that has an impact on what you're seeing. If you did need to turn those settings on, be sure to use your device a few days to allow the on-device learning to kick in.

Best regards.

Nov 25, 2021 2:48 PM in response to Sharon_419

Hey Sharon,

I turned on a couple items under Siri and Search, then under Messages, turned on Learn from the App and on other. I guess let's give it a few days and see if that works. I will also check these settings against my wife's phone.

It looks like this is what I have been looking for. Thank you!

I'll post again in a few days and let you and anyone else know.

Row of Recently Used Contacts for Text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.