Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Glitch

I have the latest MacBook Pro with near maxed out specs and yet there's this glitch happening in the top right corner of the screen whenever I swipe between desktops. That's the only time it happens and it's in the same spot every time. It happens to varying degrees of "glitchy-ness".

I've had this MacBook for less than a month, on top of that I had this same issue with my 2015 MacBook Pro, but only after 2-3 years of owning it. AND on top of that, from what I've found on the Apple Community forums, this is a problem that's persisted since at least 2014/2016 for other users.

Already gone through all the tricks on the forum, even asked my IT coworker & medical engineer father about it-- no ideas. One of the people on the forums said they'd taken theirs to the Apple store and they'd determined it wasn't a hardware problem.

So, I'd like to know what's up and possible ways to fix this. Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 5:09 PM

It would be helpful if you could provide a video of this glitch and links to other references as this is the first I've heard about it.

It would also help to know the versions of macOS involved as well as whether any external displays are connected.

It is possible the issue could be due to some third party software that is installed on the Mac. You may want to run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. If you give EtreCheck "Full Disk Access", then the report will also include the summary of recent logs which may also contain some clues.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 5:09 PM in response to MacBook-9000

It would be helpful if you could provide a video of this glitch and links to other references as this is the first I've heard about it.

It would also help to know the versions of macOS involved as well as whether any external displays are connected.

It is possible the issue could be due to some third party software that is installed on the Mac. You may want to run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. If you give EtreCheck "Full Disk Access", then the report will also include the summary of recent logs which may also contain some clues.

Screen Glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.