Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Arcade is adding eight new games to its evolving collection of more than 200 fun titles. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did Apple drop PS3 controller support in Monterey?

I recently fixed my Dualshock 3 Sixaxis controller for PS3's connectivity with the specific intention of pairing it to my MacBook Air, which I had just recently updated to Monterey. Before I updated the computer and fixed the controller, I was able to see that it could connect to my Mac for at least a few minutes. However, after updating, I don't see any kind of indication that the controller is recognized in any way. Did Monterey drop support for PS3 controllers, or did the update just change some settings somewhere?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 5:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 12:19 PM

Hi cmd_line_,

We understand that you're unable to pair your DualShock 3 controller with your Mac, and we can help. As of July 2021, the only Apple-compatible controllers are the PlayStation DualShock 4 and the Playstation 5 DualSense. We have all the details here: Pair a PlayStation controller to your Apple device

If you have any other questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2021 12:19 PM in response to cmd_line_

Hi cmd_line_,

We understand that you're unable to pair your DualShock 3 controller with your Mac, and we can help. As of July 2021, the only Apple-compatible controllers are the PlayStation DualShock 4 and the Playstation 5 DualSense. We have all the details here: Pair a PlayStation controller to your Apple device

If you have any other questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards!

Did Apple drop PS3 controller support in Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.