Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how easily does the screen on the apple watch series 7 stainless steel graphite scratch?

How easily does the screen on the Apple watch series 7 stainless steel graphite scratch?

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 6:43 AM

I agree with lobsterghost1; I've had stainless since my very first watch and have never had a glass scratching or cracking issue. One the other hand, my family members have aluminum, and have had experiences with cracked glass.

Is it the different crystal? Maybe, maybe not - but I'm not willing to experiment with an aluminum case to find out. :)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 6:43 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I agree with lobsterghost1; I've had stainless since my very first watch and have never had a glass scratching or cracking issue. One the other hand, my family members have aluminum, and have had experiences with cracked glass.

Is it the different crystal? Maybe, maybe not - but I'm not willing to experiment with an aluminum case to find out. :)

Nov 22, 2021 7:31 PM in response to Ride_bikes2

Every stainless steel watch has a sapphire crystal, so it's not easy to scratch at all, unlike the aluminum watches, which have a different composition screen (iON-X). My Series 4 in Stainless never scratched. I've had my Series 7 now for a couple weeks and it's pristine. This is one of the very good reasons to spend more money on a stainless watch.

how easily does the screen on the apple watch series 7 stainless steel graphite scratch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.