Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem accessing "First account"/Data with Monterey

Hello,

My girlfriend Mac Air was booting but unable to log in (blocked on the loading bar with a apple logo and black screen behind)

I was able to pass this bug by using safe mode.

I googled a bit and saw that I can update the Mac with cmd + r (or something like that) to get the latest mac update, I did it.

After the update, i logged on her session, same problem, forced me to use safe mode.

I used safe mode and now, mac monterry is asking me to create a session, i did it hoping the data would still be here, and unfortunately it's not the case.

So to sum up, i now have a mac, with 2 log in required, the first one being the original session with the data im looking for (this login wont pass unless i use safe mode), which then redirect me on the second log in, which must be Monterey.

I'm looking to access the first session data, i think it's still here according to the disk usage, but can you confirm installing the most recent update with cmd + r (or something like that) don't erase the data ?

And do you think i can do something to access that data ?

(i'm not looking to fix the mac yet, only trying to get that data in a safe place)

Thank you for reading and sorry for my english.

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 4:40 AM

When it starts up in Safe Mode, but not normally, it usually means some third party system modification is causing it to fail. However, that would usually result in all users not working.

The data should all be inside the user’s home folder, /Users/username.

Similar questions

1 reply

Problem accessing "First account"/Data with Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.