Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Fix A Wallpaper Issue?

After upgrading to macOS Monterey, my desktop wallpapers (I'm using dual screen) won't update. Every time I restart/shut down my Mac, it keeps using the old wallpapers instead of the new ones. Is anyone else facing this problem? If so, how do I fix this annoying bug?

My MacBook Pro specs:

• 15-Inch 2017
  • 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • 16GB RAM
  • Radeon Pro 555 2GB Graphics card

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 3:08 AM

Thank you for the response. I tried using First Aid but didn't work.

I believe it was a major bug caused by upgrading from Big Sur to Monterey. It somehow messed up my wallpaper among other things. I had no choice but to reformat my MacBook Pro. Thankfully, I had backed up all my data so the process was alright. Now the wallpaper is working again. ˆ_ˆ

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 3:08 AM in response to jdo_apple

Thank you for the response. I tried using First Aid but didn't work.

I believe it was a major bug caused by upgrading from Big Sur to Monterey. It somehow messed up my wallpaper among other things. I had no choice but to reformat my MacBook Pro. Thankfully, I had backed up all my data so the process was alright. Now the wallpaper is working again. ˆ_ˆ

Cheers!

Nov 24, 2021 7:34 AM in response to krisfrosz133

Hello krisfrosz133,

From your post it appear that you are having an issue with the Mac saving the wallpaper settings.

We would suggest that you try starting up the system in what is called safe mode. This will help isolate this issue.

To start in safe mode, begin with the computer powered off. Follow the directions found here, depending on what type of Mac you have: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

The computer will take longer to start in safe mode, and the screen may have some distorted video as it starts up. This is normal. Once you are logged in, reset the wallpaper and restart the computer in safe mode again.

If everything seems to work as expected, go ahead and restart the computer normally and test again. Starting in safe mode forces the computer to run some disk checks similar to First Aid. This can resolve some issues.

Cheers.

How to Fix A Wallpaper Issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.