Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad 12.9 pro 2021 won't bring up the keyboard to enter my password?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 9:59 AM

There is an icon to trigger the virtual keyboard. With a physical keyboard shown, it’ll show either in the lower right corner of the display, or will show across the bottom of the display. The larger of the two is shown below. There’ll be a two-character language code in a bubble. Tap that.

If there is a hardware keyboard and it’s somehow not working, try removing it.

I’ve also met a few cases where the virtual keyboard won’t activate and the screen locked/frozen/unresponsive, and one potential fix is to use the buttons to force a restart ➡️ If your iPad won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 9:59 AM in response to ldk1108

There is an icon to trigger the virtual keyboard. With a physical keyboard shown, it’ll show either in the lower right corner of the display, or will show across the bottom of the display. The larger of the two is shown below. There’ll be a two-character language code in a bubble. Tap that.

If there is a hardware keyboard and it’s somehow not working, try removing it.

I’ve also met a few cases where the virtual keyboard won’t activate and the screen locked/frozen/unresponsive, and one potential fix is to use the buttons to force a restart ➡️ If your iPad won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.