Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way I can update my iPad to 14.7.1?

For work, we use a app made just for us but it only supports iPad iOS 14.7.1my iPad is on 13.6.1 is there a way I can update to 14.7.1?

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 3:47 PM

You’ll not be able to update from iPadOS 13.6.1 to iPadOS 14.x - but can update directly to the most recent version of iPadOS - at the time of writing this being iPadOS 15.1.

Interim versions are not available to install - as Apple only offer the most recent version as a system update. All System Updates are digitally signed by Apple - and can only be installed whilst the digital signatures remain valid. After release of a new iOS/iPadOS version, the immediately preceding version continues to be digitally signed by Apple - however, usually within a few days, Apple will revoke the digital certificate with which the earlier version is signed. After a major update, such as the initial release of iPadOS15, the period that the preceding version is signed my be longer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 3:47 PM in response to Tech_needed

You’ll not be able to update from iPadOS 13.6.1 to iPadOS 14.x - but can update directly to the most recent version of iPadOS - at the time of writing this being iPadOS 15.1.

Interim versions are not available to install - as Apple only offer the most recent version as a system update. All System Updates are digitally signed by Apple - and can only be installed whilst the digital signatures remain valid. After release of a new iOS/iPadOS version, the immediately preceding version continues to be digitally signed by Apple - however, usually within a few days, Apple will revoke the digital certificate with which the earlier version is signed. After a major update, such as the initial release of iPadOS15, the period that the preceding version is signed my be longer.

is there a way I can update my iPad to 14.7.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.