Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rebooting router to fix Homekit "No response"

G'day,

I am having some light bulbs, outlet switches, a HomePod mini stereo pair, and an AppleTV 4K connected to HomeKit.

I use the Apple TV and the HomePod mini as the HomeKit Hub and control the entire thing using my iPad and iPhone. All device software is up to date.

Every now and then I get the infamous "No response" error. I then can't control any of my devices and when talking to Siri via the HomePod it tells me it has troubles connecting to the iPhone and internet. I haven't really pinpointed under what circumstances this happens, but at the moment I am going with a theory of planetary alignment or moon phases.

I also have tried different ways to regain control. The most annoying but working solution I did in the early days was to reset the device and reconnecting it from scratch. But I realized I get this "No response" error quite often and became quickly tired and annoyed.

The latest deal I found is simply rebooting the router which does also bring life back to my devices!

So, having said all this. What's the solution? Besides waiting for an update that addresses this issue? Is there any setting I can change on my router to get things working long term?

Thanks,

Bernhard

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 1:10 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Nov 24, 2021 9:53 AM in response to Bernhard Walzl

Hi there Bernhard Walzl,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your HomeKit accessories are not responding. Ensure that you're signed in to your Apple ID from your iPad on iPhone in Settings [name]. Restart all affected devices, including Apple TV and HomePod mini.

To restart HomePod mini, open the Home app on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. Scroll down and tap or click Reset HomePod, then select Restart HomePod. If possible, move one of the affected accessories closer to the hub and check for the issue.

Restart Apple TV

If HomePod isn't responding

Regards.

Nov 24, 2021 10:11 AM in response to ASTRO24

Thanks for your reply and advice! I am faster though rebooting only my router than rebooting 6 devices individually.

This however runs the risk for getting screamed upon by a family member because I brutally cut off their WiFi connection.

Is there really no better solution out there for this issue than rebooting? Maybe the router needs tweaking with the firewall settings, port forwarding, static IP etc?

Rebooting router to fix Homekit "No response"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.