Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since updating to 16.1 my old projects will not play in the viewer

Since updating to 16.1 my old projects will not play in the viewer. I can see the project edited in the time line but the viewer shows a missing files graphic. How do I reattach the file?

Also I needed some extra storage so I consolidated that event and deleted render files. Maybe thats what made it stop playing?

Any help greatly appreciated.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 1:21 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

Nov 24, 2021 12:57 AM in response to vi2ny11

CleanMyMac has damaged your system for pro apps. You have a bunch of other old stuff, also a Google keystone daemon that I don’t know what it’s doing and should be removed.

You really need to do a clean wipe and system reinstall, migrating only the users and reinstalling only the applications you still need. Do NOT install CleanMyMac ever. Make sure MalwareBytes is not running continuously.

Nov 24, 2021 3:57 AM in response to vi2ny11

One should never fall for any program that claims to “clean”, “optimize”, “speed up” your mac (or makes similar claims).

They are basically scams. In the case of cmm it is known to “clean” all too aggressively and in doing so leave systems unstable. Professional applications are the most affected.

In effect this thing ought to be considered malware.

The damage it can do now is less than it used to be, in large part because system files are now mounted read-only, but if still can and does damage.

Nov 24, 2021 5:21 AM in response to vi2ny11

vi2ny11 wrote:

That's so strange why do they even allow it in the app store at all in that case? They should remove it if it is so harmful.

Indeed, it is mystifying why such garbage is allowed into the App Store... well, that is, until one realizes that being in the App Store is not in itself any guarantee of quality, it just means that the apps manage to pass the bar for entry. It is sad that some completely useful and respectable applications are out, because they need to do things that the App Store rules disallow (Etrecheck being a case in point, but there are others), whereas this utter **** is in.

Since updating to 16.1 my old projects will not play in the viewer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.