Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV + App

I've installed the Apple TV App on my Insignia 4K TV and when I try to sign in it says that I need to sign into my iTunes account. I signed into my iTunes account on my laptop and when I go back into the Apple TV App it says the same thing again about signing into my iTunes account. What do I need to do to get the app to allow me to sign in? Thanks m

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 5:40 PM

Possibly the Apple ID account needs edits to be valid for the iTunes Store and Apple subscriptions.

See if the personal information is correct and complete. See if the payment method is valid, for cards to include expiry date and CVC number. For new accounts, respond to the email test message.

Edit your account information in the iTunes application (menu Account﹥Sign in; menu Account﹥View my Account), and see if you get notifications or other indications on what to add or edit.

If the issue persists, then please let an expert from the Apple Support staff assist you further. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback). They can access your account information to see what is amiss.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 5:40 PM in response to Find2022

Possibly the Apple ID account needs edits to be valid for the iTunes Store and Apple subscriptions.

See if the personal information is correct and complete. See if the payment method is valid, for cards to include expiry date and CVC number. For new accounts, respond to the email test message.

Edit your account information in the iTunes application (menu Account﹥Sign in; menu Account﹥View my Account), and see if you get notifications or other indications on what to add or edit.

If the issue persists, then please let an expert from the Apple Support staff assist you further. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback). They can access your account information to see what is amiss.

Apple TV + App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.