Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I buy iPhone from someone place and I wave the iPhone I put my own ICloud and the system is saying this iCloud will not open this phone

I buy iPhone from someone place and I wave the iPhone I put my own ICloud and the system is saying this iCloud will not open this phone

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 4:55 PM

If you just purchased it from some person directly then you have no solution. Activation lock will prevent you from ever using that device.

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

4 replies

Nov 23, 2021 4:11 PM in response to Babson2020

Babson2020 Said:

"I buy iPhone from someone place and I wave the iPhone I put my own ICloud and the system is saying this iCloud will not open this phone"

-------

Request a Refund:

Seems you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part. So, ask this person for a refund. This is the site they should have used: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

Learn form This:

Next time you go about purchasing a device from someone, request that they let you log into your own iCloud account on it, prior to handing over the money. If they decide to disabled by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.