You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airdrop woes - iphone 13 doesnt see my macbook

I have an iphone 13 mini running 15.1.1 and macbook running 12.0.1 monterey (work laptop - can't update it). My macbook can see the iphone 13 mini BUT the iphone 13 mini says No People Found.

Both set to Everyone

Turned off and on both BlueTooth and Wifi

Restarted Both

I have successfully accepted photos from the macbook.

No luck sending from the iphone.

How do I fix this - or CAN I fix this?

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 3:39 PM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2021 10:41 AM in response to MrsBerndt211

Hello MrsBerndt211,

We see you're having some issues with AirDrop between your iPhone and Mac, and we'd like to help out.

There are a few things to try, which may help to resolve this type of issue.

First, try temporarily turning off the Mac's built-in Firewall: About the application firewall

Similarly, if the Mac or iPhone have any third-party security apps installed, try temporarily uninstalling them.

On the iPhone head to Settings > General > AirDrop, and toggle this off, and back on.

If you utilize the Personal Hotspot feature of the iPhone, be sure to check to ensure that's off for the moment (Settings > Personal Hotspot, or Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot).

If the issue still persists, we'd recommend following up with Apple Support directly for a deeper investigation: Get Support

Cheers.

airdrop woes - iphone 13 doesnt see my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.