Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.Bluetooth.plist deleted and my machine wont create a new one.

Hi,

I deleted the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file to try to resolve an issue with my magic trackpad and now my machine wont create a new one.

I'm on a macbook air m1 2020 model.

Do I need this file? If so how do I recover the it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 5:19 PM

fredrik47 wrote:

What do you mean?

My issue is that the file is missing and I'm asking if this will cause issues for me.

That is the question— are you having an issue now that your BT plist is gone...?

If no issues, I wouldn't worry about it.

Did it fix your "magic trackpad" issue?

If it is in your Trash bin, you can Control click on it>Put back

Shutting down and rebooting

or

SafeBoot may bring it back.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 5:19 PM in response to fredrik47

fredrik47 wrote:

What do you mean?

My issue is that the file is missing and I'm asking if this will cause issues for me.

That is the question— are you having an issue now that your BT plist is gone...?

If no issues, I wouldn't worry about it.

Did it fix your "magic trackpad" issue?

If it is in your Trash bin, you can Control click on it>Put back

Shutting down and rebooting

or

SafeBoot may bring it back.

Nov 24, 2021 1:56 AM in response to leroydouglas

I didn't have any issues with bluetooth while the BT plist was deleted, I was able to disconnect/reconnect devices like normal.

I can't tell if deleting the BT plist fixed my issue with the trackpad since I never had time to wait for the problem to occur after the BT plist was deleted.

I emptied my trash so I didn't have the option to put it back.

Shutting down completely, leaving it off for a few minutes and a normal reboot didn't do anything, but a Safe-boot did manage to recreate it so the BT plist is back now.

Thanks for the suggestion, the problem with the missing BT plist is now resolved.

com.apple.Bluetooth.plist deleted and my machine wont create a new one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.