Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot reset screen time passcode on iPhone XR and phone will not accept my account password.

I have a new 13 Pro Max and am trying to restore my XR but keep getting asked for the 4 digit screen time passcode which I have never used or established. When I try to turn off the passcode, it asks for my Apple ID and password, but when I enter that it treats it as another “failed attempt”. I have even gone and reset that password but then when I use it, I get another failed attempt— each one adding time begore I can try again. I tried to restore through Itunes by hooking up to computer, but got a message that the passcode locked mb e out. So frustrating!

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 3:04 AM

I know my apple ID and password and it still won’t accept it. Keeps saying failed attempt.

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 23, 2021 9:40 PM in response to EdMac555

If you have forgotten your Screen Time passcode

Use this link to reset your passcode If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If you are unable to reset Screen Time passcode from the this-> link then, you will need a computer. If you don't have one, borrow from a friend.

Forgot? Click below to reset…

Click->If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

Dec 22, 2021 7:31 AM in response to Bill_Foster

Bill_Foster wrote:

I know my apple ID and password and it still won’t accept it. Keeps saying failed attempt.

It isn’t necessarily YOUR Apple ID and password. When you first create a screen time passcode it prompts for an optional Apple ID to recover the passcode if you forget it. This doesn’t have to be the same Apple ID that the phone is using; it might be a parent’s Apple ID, for example. This is the Apple ID you need to reset the Screen Time passcode. If you didn’t set one up (it IS optional) or don’t know that Apple ID then you can’t recover the screen time passcode; the only option is to set up the phone as New.

Cannot reset screen time passcode on iPhone XR and phone will not accept my account password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.