Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to copy all my applications from the applications folder onto an external, format my mac, reinstall OS X and finally copy the applications back into the applications folder for installing them? Will that work? I am asking because my dr

Is it possible to copy all my applications from the applications folder onto an external, format my mac, reinstall OS X and finally copy the applications back into the applications folder for installing them?

Will that work? I am asking because my drive is almost full. I want to reinstall the apps on an external. I have made sure I have all the latest software and firmware updates. The iMac is about 6 years old and is running Big Sur with 8gb of ram. If anyone could help me please, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 10:17 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Is it possible to copy all my applications from the applications folder onto an external, format my mac, reinstall OS X and finally copy the applications back into the applications folder for installing them? Will that work? I am asking because my dr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.