Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-installing Mojave

I have been having problems with my iMac 21.5 late 2015 for a while now. One of the problems is the applications folder in my home folder is empty, but it is still in the side bar of the finder. The applications in the time machine have no entry signs.

I would like some guidance please. Could I copy the files I want to keep to an external hard drive or memory stick, re-install Mojave as if I was selling the Mac on, then copy the files back from the external hard drive. The question is would it work for me? Help will be much appreciated.

iMac 21.5", 10.14

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 6:35 AM

if copy the files means your personal data such as photos, movies, music, etc then yes. The issue you have I'd think is a corruption problem and I'd definitely want a clean install of Mojave or any other system compatible with your iMac.

Similar questions

2 replies

Re-installing Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.