Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove apple music widget from notification screen

Hi folks!! Whenever I use Airpods (for talking on the phone mostly) the apple music widget appears on the notification screen. The notification screen is the one when you slide down the screen from the left side of the notch. Now the widget is very useful and handy while listening to music but if I am not listening to music and busy on back to back calls then the widget is very annoying as it takes up almost the whole screen on my iPhone 12 mini.

Is there any way to disable the widget from there? I have not even added the apple music widget on the control center.

Pls help if any idea how to remove the apple music widget/shortcut from the notification screen.

Thanks

P.S. - picture attached for reference

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 1:48 AM

2 replies

Nov 25, 2021 6:19 AM in response to himanshu108

Hello himanshu108,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to remove the Apple Music Widget when you connect your AirPods.

When this happens, have you tried closing the Apple Music app, then check to see if the Widget goes away? Here are instructions on how to do that.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Let us know, and we'll go from there.

Cheers!

Nov 26, 2021 1:10 AM in response to SnickZ.

Hi SnickZ.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, i already check if the apple music app is running in the background or not and its not. Infact even if no app is running in the background the apple music widget is there in the notifications page and as soon as i remove the airpods and put them back in the charging case the widget disappears.

I also checked settings of apple music and notifications settings to check if I can disable it from there but no such option.

Any other suggestion would be of great help.

Thanks!!

How to remove apple music widget from notification screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.