Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why would my Apple ID being shown logging in a city 150 miles away near where I used to live

I just had to change my password and have two questions.

1) Just tried to login to appleId with what I thought was a different ID but it appears not to be different. How can I put a different ID and it stays under my original.

2) after changing password got notification I’m 150 miles away from where I’m sitting now? Near where I lived last year. That’s random.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 5:00 AM

1) I'm not really understanding the problem here. If you have multiple Apple accounts then that turns into a management issue. Unless you really know how Apple accounts and iCloud work you can get information from one account mixing with that from another, particularly if you are using an Apple mobile device. Are you simply seeing data that you think is in one account on a second one? If that is happening then on a previous log-in to that account you may have selected to keep the data from the old account on your device.

As you can tell, I may be completely misunderstanding this issue and it would help if you could explain in a lot more detail what it is you are doing or even if I am right about two accounts being involved.

2) See the section titled, "What if I don’t recognize the location shown in my sign in notification?" by clicking on the link for this support article 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' --> https://support.apple.com/HT204915

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 5:00 AM in response to lorne243

1) I'm not really understanding the problem here. If you have multiple Apple accounts then that turns into a management issue. Unless you really know how Apple accounts and iCloud work you can get information from one account mixing with that from another, particularly if you are using an Apple mobile device. Are you simply seeing data that you think is in one account on a second one? If that is happening then on a previous log-in to that account you may have selected to keep the data from the old account on your device.

As you can tell, I may be completely misunderstanding this issue and it would help if you could explain in a lot more detail what it is you are doing or even if I am right about two accounts being involved.

2) See the section titled, "What if I don’t recognize the location shown in my sign in notification?" by clicking on the link for this support article 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' --> https://support.apple.com/HT204915

Why would my Apple ID being shown logging in a city 150 miles away near where I used to live

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.