Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location wrong for my Apple ID?

When trying to use my Apple TV yesterday, I had to login with my Apple-Id (which I didn’t have to do last time). Then I got a notification that somebody tried to login with my Apple-I’d some 400 miles from my location (Stockholm, Sweden). So I changed password. After a short while the same notification came back. Why?

I’m not using a VPN connection.

Regards Rolf

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 8:38 AM

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen, about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2020 8:38 AM in response to rolf144

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen, about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

Location wrong for my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.