Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 2020, battery charging

Dear all,

I have MacBook Air M1 2020 and was wondering what is the right way to use it, below are some questions;

1. Shall I keep it always plugged in to power and use and disconnect when I am not near socket/traveling?
  2. Shall I use it like iPhone? Charge 100% and then use till it dies and then recharge?
  3. Charge it up to certain % and then use till it drops to certain % and then recharge and continue the cycle?

I asked this Q to Apple employees over the phone as well as in Apple store. Nobody answered in clear way.

Appreciate a feedback with some documented backup.

TIA...

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 5:54 AM

Don't micromanage your battery. Charge it when needed, use battery power when needed and trust the circuity to take care of the battery's needs.

There are no cut and dried single guidance answers because:

1. Every battery is different even if the same model.
  2. Different lifestyles require different protocols.
  3. Use suggested Apple guidances to get max life and/or max runtime as best you can

Apple's guidance on battery usage is the definitive documentation: https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 5:54 AM in response to Muzmulla

Don't micromanage your battery. Charge it when needed, use battery power when needed and trust the circuity to take care of the battery's needs.

There are no cut and dried single guidance answers because:

1. Every battery is different even if the same model.
  2. Different lifestyles require different protocols.
  3. Use suggested Apple guidances to get max life and/or max runtime as best you can

Apple's guidance on battery usage is the definitive documentation: https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

MacBook Air M1 2020, battery charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.