Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Tabs not sharing between all three devices

Using iMac with Monterey 12.0.1, iPad Air 4 updated and iPhone 12 updated. iMac will only show tabs from iPhone, not iPad Air 4. Have verified all iCloud settings have share selected for Safari. Have all software updated. It seems like my iPad Air 4 (WiFi) is not "connected" with my other two devices. However, in FINDER on iMac, both devices show as Locations.

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 8:47 AM

6 replies

Nov 24, 2021 9:05 AM in response to 4thTRY

"iMac will only show tabs from iPhone, not iPad Air 4." - Where are you expecting to see these tabs?

If you mean on the StartPage, mine is rather hit or miss as to what shows up. If any of my devices (phone, pad, watch) are close by, and in active use, then they show up as a flag on the Safari icon allowing for handoff to the Mac.

"However, in FINDER on iMac, both devices show as Locations." - Intriguing. Never seen that unless physically plugged in.

Nov 24, 2021 9:42 AM in response to 4thTRY

"Pardon my lack of clarity" - No worries!

"They are lower on the page. I am only seeing iPhone tabs, not iPad Air4 tabs." - I was following you on that one. Pretty much the same situation for me as I see things from my iPhone, but not so much my iPad. That, and the ones from my iPhone can be outdated tabs that have been closed. This complaint was voiced by someone in another thread recently, who was frustrated by the lingering history.

I just brought my iPad into close proximity of my Mac. Opened Safari and went to a website. The Safari icon, on my Mac, indicated its presence and ability to handoff. However, if I open a new tab on my Mac, I do not see the iPad tab listed. Like you, only my iPhone, and again showing an outdated and closed tab from it.

Sorry, I don't have a solution for you other than to say you are not alone in what you are experiencing and it does not appear to be a problem stemming from incorrect setup. All of my devices are properly iCloud connected and otherwise interact with each other as expected. The Safari implementation of showing the OPEN tabs on our other devices seems to be lacking in functionality at the moment.

Thanks for sharing that! The WiFi link is not something I have ever setup.

Safari Tabs not sharing between all three devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.